I’ve decided it was about time I do a monthly round up of my favourite 5 products, I’m always buying new makeup to test out and review so choosing 5 of the best is a great way to sum up the must-have’s. As these products will all be ones I’ve reviewed previously in full, I’ll just do a quick summary of each, the pros and cons and why they ultimately made the final 5!
1. First up, not a new find but an absolute favourite of mine for over a year now: Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I remember at the time I wanted a foundation that would leave me looking flawless and I’d heard so much about this from all the beauty bloggers that I had to give it a go. Given the price tag (€45) I was hesitant. I read many reviews and the positive reactions far outweighed the negative. I am obsessed with this foundation, there is nothing that compares, you can find good dupes but the finish is incomparable! If you only splurge on one product it should be this. I also bought the Armani Foundation brush which gives the most flawless finish, but I’ve applied with fingers and cheap brushes and the finish is always beautiful! A real testament to the quality of this foundation.
2. Benefit Stay Don’t Stray concealer primer was sent straight from heaven to help us insomniacs look decent on a couple hours sleep! I’ve always had trouble sleeping and while I function on a small amount of sleep, the bags under my eyes don’t agree. I love the Armani concealer, it’s absolutely brilliant at hiding the bags but unfortunately under-eye makeup is notoriously tricky to keep in place, even with setting sprays and powders. That’s why I was amazed to find such a wonderful primer! I was lucky to win this but I will definitely be buying it soon, it goes on smoothly and doesn’t cake or crease under the eyes and yes, it holds the concealer in place ALL day! In fact it’s so pigmented you could even use it as your concealer if you were in a rush. The Stay Don’t Stray concealer and eyeshadow primer is €28.50.
3. Nyx Tame n Frame Tinted Brow Pomade is another product I’ve been using for a while now but it’s so good I had to include it in my first Fab 5! I’m lucky, I have thick natural brows but I like a little filling in and extra shaping to make them look picture perfect. I’ve tried quite a few brow products from creams to powders and this is by far the easiest to use and the most natural finish I’ve come across. I just love this, I feel naked without it. If you like a natural but sculpted look then this is the brow product for you! And of course Nyx is an absolute steal, this costs just €7.75!
4. One of my new favourite brands, Makeup Revolution had to be included in my Fab 5. I chose the Ultra Base Corrector Palette this month (this brand will be featured on many Fab 5 lists!) This palette is an absolute must for anybody who suffers with blemishes, uneven skintone, redness or discolouration. For me, I use the cream shade to counteract the purple under eye circles and the green to cover redness. There’s a full guide to all the shades in my review! Honestly, this is such a brilliant palette and amazing quality at a steal for only €7.10! The creams blend beautifully and cover all imperfections with ease. A definite must have for any makeup lover’s collection!
5. And last but certainly not least, a total bargain for €2, this PS Angled Liner Brush from Penneys is one of my favourite little finds of the month. I love eyeliner, especially liquids and gels but they can be so difficult to apply perfectly, unless you’re willing to spend a lot of time on your face, but this handy little brush cuts application time in half and gives an almost perfect finish with very little effort! It’s so user friendly, it’s actually the perfect brush for anyone just starting to use gel liners. I use Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama which is an all-time favourite, this brush might be cheap as chips but it’s a great quality find and you’ll never stress over your cat flick again!
So these are my Fab 5 picks this month, I hope you all love them as much as I do! If you have any questions please leave a comment or check out the individual reviews for lots more info!